Friday, April 30, 2021

The Invisible Trail by Roy Klipping Chapter 13

 


Chapter 13

I wasn't sure what to do next.  If I could guess I would say it is about eleven p.m., but for that to be that time of day I must have laid there knocked out for twelve or thirteen hours.  I was so lost right now but I knew I had to calm myself down because I didn't want to drive myself crazy and do something without thinking it through entirely. Guess I should have thought about that before I climbed the tree.  The fire was dwindling down so I got back up and looked around for some bigger branches.  After I gathered up a few and tossed them on the fire I started to feel my body settling down, finally getting warm again. The fire lit up the area good, so I took a good look around. I walked up to the lakes edge where the trails split. I looked to the right down the trail then looked to the left down that trail. As I did, I noticed that same kind of blurriness like before, kind of like when you look across a fire and see the heat waves. I looked back to the other trail and it was clear. I thought to myself what now? Am I seeing the same thing as I saw last night? or whenever that was because to be honest, I didn't even really know what time it was or what day it was anymore.  I squinted my eyes and focused on the trail and without thought, which I said I wasn't going to do, and stepped down the trail toward the blurry part. I could almost hear something, like a quiet humming sound and curious I went closer until I felt I was right by it.  I stood there a little while then turned back and looked over at the fire. Nothing seemed weird there, so I turned back, then like before I slowly reached my hand toward the blurry area.  As soon as my hand touched it my hand disappeared again. I jumped back and looked down at my hand and then back up at the blurry area. I was scared but I wanted to see what it was.  I slowly reached out my hand again and as it disappeared this time I didn't jump back. Nothing felt wrong so I stepped forward into the haze, and as I did…….

No comments:

Post a Comment